Want to Camp amidst the woods? Relive the Nostalgia of Malgudi Days? Light a campfire in the middle of nowhere? Ride and discover a serene and gorgeous side of nature?
Monks on Wheels in collaboration with Figg Nature brings to you a memorable ride through the ghats of Agumbe.
Agumbe is awesome! Here’s why?
A village located in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, Agumbe is about 360 km from Bangalore. Nestled in the bounty of Malnad region, Agumbe is among the places in India that receive very heavy rainfall earning it the name- ‘Cherrapunji of South’. The charming town is also where the famed Malgudi Days was shot.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Departure and Return Location
Agumbe Bike Ride Distance
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 6 AM.
2) A short stop for Breakfast enroute at Mayura Hotel (Unlimited Food Menu).
3) Continue with our journey to Agumbe witnessing the beauty of the western ghats.
4) Reach our campsite in Agumbe and have a home cooked lunch (Veg & Non Veg)
5) Take a joyful ride to the picturesque Kundadri Hills.
6) Relax and get an outstanding view of the sunset from the hills.
7) Return back to the campsite
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
9) Warm up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts.
10) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non Veg)
11) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in tents.
1) Wake up to the sounds of the forest.
2) Indulge in yourself around nature by Meditation to your Mind & Body Relief.
3) Enjoy an early morning breakfast.
4) Drive to visit the historic Kavaledurga Fort, get ready to pose for those Insta pictures!
5) Start the return journey to Bengaluru.
7) Have sumptuous lunch (both Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
8) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night (around 09.30 PM) with memories of a lifetime!
1) Participants should make their own transport arrangements (bike/car).
2) Monks on Wheels organisers will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure.
3) Total ride distance will be approximately 840 km.
4) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on single/double sharing basis.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, assembly point, time etc will be provided.
6) We need a minimum of 6 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. In case a participant, after registration, develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19, 70% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.