Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Get ready to start your life of adventure and gear up to join the Monks on Wheels as we take you to one of the best treks in Chikmagalur, the ruins of an isolated Ballalarayana Durga Fort.
An easy trek which is suitable for all age groups who are looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway with nature.
Ballalarayana Durga is a place of Historical Monument and it is located in the Western Ghats of Chikmagalur district. On top of a mighty peak at dense jungles of the Western Ghats there awaits the Ballalarayana Durga fort trek. All that ruins of this fort are its dilapidated traces, however, the luxurious green forests with the steep slopes around the Ballalarayana Durga fort provides you with the feeling of a thriller as well as a sinister charm
We start from our beloved city on friday night , a journey of around 330+ km.
1. After a night filled with ice breaker sessions and a much needed sleep, we reach the home stay at dawn.
2. After an overnight journey, we might be a little slacked, so it’s important to freshen up and have breakfast.
3. Once we shrug off the slackness, we move onto our first activity of the trip – A trek to Ballalarayanadurga Fort.
4. Have packed lunch at the peak.
5. A total of 5-6 km trek to the historic fort and back.
6. After the trek, we visit a near by waterfalls.
7. Once you notice that the sun has sunk on the west, gather near the campfire to share tales of you and your companions, showcase some of your dance moves and let go of everything and sing your heart out.
We will however require the rain gods’ permission for this. 😉
8. You must be hungry? Aren’t you? Dig into some local delicacies to enjoy.
9. End the day with Overnight stay.
1. We wake up early and we will go for a small estate walk around the homestay
2. Tea is not enough to keep your stomachs from growling, is it? After the walk, Breakfast is next.
3.Leave from the homestay and proceed to the famous Halebeedu temple.
4. Lunch(self sponsored) is next.
5. After lunch we start our Return journey to the Bengaluru city , have dinner(self sponsored) enroute and reach at night.
Early Bird offer without transport: Rs.2799/- *
Early Bird offer with transport:Rs.3999/- *
Actual Price without transport: Rs.3299/-*
Actual Price with Transport: Rs 4499/-*
1) People have the option to make their own transportation arrangements(car/bike/public transport).
2) Accommodation will be on sharing basis.
3) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
4) We need a minimum of 5 bikes to organize a bike ride or else they have to reach the location provided by us on their own at the mentioned time.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort.
1. Water bottles
2. Rain coat (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair clothing
6. One cover sheet
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3.All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
1. What’s the difference between ‘with transport cost’ ticket and ‘without transport cost’ ticket ?
A: In all our events we provide the choice to our clients to make their own transport arrangements, either a car or a bike i.e without transport. Alternatively they could join our trip by opting for our transport service i.e with transport cost.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels ?
A: We will be arranging a non-AC tempo traveller or a mini bus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged ?
A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru ?
A: We will be having multiple pick up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings only 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming by our own transport arrangements ?
A: Once your registration is confirmed, we shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for the trip ?
A: We do not restrict on the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these ?
A: These are group events open to all categories of people.