5. Trek to the thrilling Tadiandamol peak
6. Visit the Royal Raja seat.
7. Drive to Madikere Fort to witness the majestic fort
8. Visit to the magical Cheluvara Falls
9. Campfire** with snacks and other activities
10. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don’t have any)
11. Non-AC Transport with ample legroom and pushback seats to and fro Bengaluru
12. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event
13. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
This is the day you are going to meet strangers (who will turn friends and even best friends by the
end of the trip). We will be assigning pick up locations, ideally the closest to the pickup point you tell
us. Once we pick everyone up, we will be distributing a form for you to fill up your details and then
proceeding to have an ice breaker session. Expect some fun activities which will help you get to
know your fellow travellers a bit more. After the session, our event guides will brief you about the
itinerary for the following day, post which you can get some shut-eye. We recommend you get some
rest, especially since you have the Tadiandamol trek and camping in Coorg the next day.
Once we reach the homestay, we will be allotting rooms while you sip on a hot cup of tea or coffee
(Camping in Coorg has its advantages!). We suggest you save the shower for after the trek in the
evening and you can just freshen up instead and head for a delicious breakfast. While camping in
Coorg will be fun, it is primarily a rain trek and it would be great if you can wear comfortable, quick-
dry top and bottoms and shoes which offer a good grip. We will be carrying salt and Dettol to help
avoid leeches. We start our trekking in Coorg after breakfast and brief do’s and dont’s by our event
organisers. You’ll be greeted by thick, dense forests and crossing many little streams and even a
small waterfall where you can stop to fill your water bottles and wash your face. Stay with our
guides who will point out interesting, colourful mushrooms, flowers in bloom and insects along the
way. We’ll stop at the big rock where people often camp and indulge in our packed lunch which will
give you the energy to finish the rest of the trek. We then continue or journey through lush green
grassland to reach the peak. The journey may be exhausting but the sight of the gorgeous valley
below with a backdrop of other smaller peaks make it all worth the effort. We then start our descent
and visit the beautiful Chelvara Falls where you can go for a dip in the refreshing waters or splash
around which adds to the experience of trekking in Coorg. Post this, head to the homestay for a cup
of hot tea, coffee and snacks. If the weather permits, sign up for adventure activities like target
shooting and boating. Gather around the campfire, sing, dance and participate in games that our
organisers have planned for you. Proceed to have a delicious dinner (yes, there is chicken too!) made
the Kodava way which does full justice to camping in Coorg.
This day is going to be as exciting as the previous one! Wake up to the smell of amazing filter coffee
and tea from the plantations surrounding the estate and drink some too. Proceed to take a relaxing
walk inside the coffee estate and look out for the coffee fruits and beans. Head back to the
homestay for a hot breakfast and proceed to pack to leave to Bangalore. We stop by a Buddhist
monastery to pay our respects and appreciate the beauty in natural surroundings. On the way back
to Bangalore, we stop for lunch and tea (both self-sponsored). We will be dropping you to the
location we picked you up from and you leave with plenty of awesome memories of trekking in
1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price for Non-AC room: Rs. 4869/- (No hidden charges)
2) Partial payment of Rs. 3300/- can be made to book your slot. Remaining amount to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip
3) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure
4) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time etc will be provided
5) 3-star hotel Accommodation in AC/non AC premium rooms on twin sharing with attached bathrooms.
6) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
COVID-19 Safety & Guidelines:
Before the event:
1) Only register for the event if you don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19 from the past 14 days.
2) Try to avoid crowded places as much as possible once you register for the event.
3) If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after registering for the event, please do not join the event.
4) MW organizers will be checked for temperature and any symptoms of COVID-19 before joining the tour.
During the event:
1) Participants will be checked for their body temperature and pulse rate before the start of the event. Anyone with a fever/flu like symptoms, temperature and pulse rate above/below the average range will not be allowed to join the trip.
2) Meals during the journey will be provided at a good and hygienic restaurant. Participants may carry their own plate/lunch box/spoon for all meals provided during the trip.
3) Participants are expected to sanitize themselves regularly and wear masks at all possible times.
4) Avoid interaction with other groups or people outside of the event group.
5) If a participant develops COVID-19 symptoms during the journey, only the that person will be isolated, taken to a nearest hospital and arrangements for that person to return will be made. No one will be allowed to accompany that person.
6) Valid ID proof to be carried.
The surroundings around the hotel/Homestay/camp will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.