The highest peak in the Coorg region, Tadiandamol offers sweeping green grasslands, coffee
plantations as long as the eye can see, all teamed with the strong aroma of coffee and cool
mountain air. The early winter, in particular, is the best time to visit because it brings colourful
blooms along the trekking trail. The peak is the highest in Kodagu district and the third highest in the
entire of Karnataka which makes this trek and camping in Coorg all the more exciting.
Departure and Return Location
Coorg Tadiandamol Trek Distance
Coorg Tadiandamol Trek Difficulty
Moderate to difficult
Coorg Tadiandamol Trek Duration
6 to 7 hours
We start from our beloved city in the night around 10:30 PM
1. After a night filled with ice breaker sessions and much-needed sleep, we reach the homestay at dawn.
2. After an overnight journey, we might be a little slacked, so it’s important to freshen up and have breakfast.
3. Once we shrug off the slackness, we move onto our first activity of the trip – trekking in Coorg and a visit to the Tadiandamol peak.
4. Did we mention that we are going to have lunch at the third highest peak in Karnataka? If not, that’s going to be next on the list – Have packed lunch at the peak.
5. A total of 12 km trek to one of the highest peaks and back.
6. After trekking in Coorg, we visit the Chelavara falls. (if time permits)
7. Ready for some activities? Row a boat like a Viking or target shooting. (if weather permits)
8. Once you notice that the sun has sunk on the west, gather near the campfire to share tales of you and your companions, showcase some of your dance moves and let go of the Arijit Singh within you. We will, however, require the rain gods’ permission for this.
9. You must be hungry? Aren’t you? Dig into some local delicacies to enjoy Coorg flavour.
10. End the day with Overnight stay.
1. We need to freshen you guys up, so we’ll offer you, people, some tea and coffee, made from the plantations of Kodagu. Once we are ready, we will go for an estate walk around the homestay.
2. Tea is not enough to keep your stomachs from growling, is it? Breakfast is next.
3. Leave from the homestay and proceed to the famous Buddhist monastery.
4. A fun-filled day you said? Lip-smacking Lunch (self-sponsored) is next.
5. After lunch, we start our return journey to the Bengaluru city, have dinner(self-sponsored) en route and reach night.
This is the day you are going to meet strangers (who will turn friends and even best friends by the
end of the trip). We will be assigning pick up locations, ideally the closest to the pickup point you tell
us. Once we pick everyone up, we will be distributing a form for you to fill up your details and then
proceeding to have an ice breaker session. Expect some fun activities which will help you get to
know your fellow travellers a bit more. After the session, our event guides will brief you about the
itinerary for the following day, post which you can get some shut-eye. We recommend you get some
rest, especially since you have the Tadiandamol trek and camping in Coorg the next day.
Once we reach the homestay, we will be allotting rooms while you sip on a hot cup of tea or coffee
(Camping in Coorg has its advantages!). We suggest you save the shower for after the trek in the
evening and you can just freshen up instead and head for a delicious breakfast. While camping in
Coorg will be fun, it is primarily a rain trek and it would be great if you can wear comfortable, quick-
dry top and bottoms and shoes which offer a good grip. We will be carrying salt and Dettol to help
avoid leeches. We start our trekking in Coorg after breakfast and brief do’s and dont’s by our event
organisers. You’ll be greeted by thick, dense forests and crossing many little streams and even a
small waterfall where you can stop to fill your water bottles and wash your face. Stay with our
guides who will point out interesting, colourful mushrooms, flowers in bloom and insects along the
way. We’ll stop at the big rock where people often camp and indulge in our packed lunch which will
give you the energy to finish the rest of the trek. We then continue or journey through lush green
grassland to reach the peak. The journey may be exhausting but the sight of the gorgeous valley
below with a backdrop of other smaller peaks make it all worth the effort. We then start our descent
and visit the beautiful Chelvara Falls where you can go for a dip in the refreshing waters or splash
around which adds to the experience of trekking in Coorg. Post this, head to the homestay for a cup
of hot tea, coffee and snacks. If the weather permits, sign up for adventure activities like target
shooting and boating. Gather around the campfire, sing, dance and participate in games that our
organisers have planned for you. Proceed to have a delicious dinner (yes, there is chicken too!) made
the Kodava way which does full justice to camping in Coorg.
This day is going to be as exciting as the previous one! Wake up to the smell of amazing filter coffee
and tea from the plantations surrounding the estate and drink some too. Proceed to take a relaxing
walk inside the coffee estate and look out for the coffee fruits and beans. Head back to the
homestay for a hot breakfast and proceed to pack to leave to Bangalore. We stop by a Buddhist
monastery to pay our respects and appreciate the beauty in natural surroundings. On the way back
to Bangalore, we stop for lunch and tea (both self-sponsored). We will be dropping you to the
location we picked you up from and you leave with plenty of awesome memories of trekking in
Early Bird offer with transport charges:- Rs. 3999/-
Actual price with Transport charges:- Rs. 4499/-*
1) People have the option to make their own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price: Rs.3199/-* (Includes 5% GST)
2) Accommodation will be in tents on sharing basis.
3) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
4) Price per person might increase after 15 registrations.
5) Monks on Wheels trek leads will be having radio communication.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but we assure that you will have the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.