Try something new by camping inside the Jungle with the Monks on Wheels. That’s not all, we take a dip in the less explored waterfalls , visit to 100 year old Malgudi days house along with a beautiful Island visit on a boat ride.
Agumbe is awesome and Malpe beach is amazing. Get the best of both. Here’s why?
A village located in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, Agumbe is about 360 km from Bangalore. Nestled in the bounty of Malnad region, Agumbe is among the places in India that receive very heavy rainfall earning it the name- ‘Cherrapunji of South’. The charming town is also where the famed Malgudi Days was shot.
Malpe Beach of Karnataka is one of the unexplored beaches in India. Located at a distance of 66 kms from Mangalore and about 6 kms from Udupi, the Malpe Beach is an undefiled virgin beach. The beach has a never-ending coastline, which is surrounded by three rocky islands on the western side and an ideal destination for a holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 10 PM.
(Please have a light dinner. We don’t want you to starve!)
2) Our experienced organizers will keep you engaged with fun ice breaker session, a great way to bond with your fellow travellers.
3) Next up? Good rest required for the adventure in waiting!.
1) Reach the campsite at Agumbe in the morning to a steaming hot cup of coffee.
2) Freshen up and have a delicious, authentic breakfast.
3) Take a drive to the Hidden Koodluteertha Falls.
4) Trek (3 km) inside the thick forest to reach waterfalls.
5) Enjoy and play in the magnificent Koodluteertha waterfalls.
6) Regain energy by having yummy packed lunch.
7) Feel the nostalgia by visiting the Legendary Malgudi Days House
8) Return back to our campsite
9) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
10) Warm up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts.
11) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non Veg)
12) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in tents.
1) Wake up to the sounds of the forest and enjoy an early morning breakfast.
2) Start your journey to the wonderful Malpe Beach.
3) Enjoy costal cuisines for Lunch at Sea shells restaurant.(Unlimited on food menu)
4) Take an exciting Boat ride to the famous St. Mary’s Island.
5) Head to the Light House at Kapu Beach for a breath-taking view from the top. (If time permits)
3) Start the return journey to Bengaluru. Wait, did you think the fun was over!!?
4) Sing along, dance to good music and play interactive games on the way
5) Have sumptuous dinner (Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
1) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the morning (around 5 AM) with memories of a lifetime!
i) Trek Difficulty – Easy
ii) Trek duration – 30 – 40 mins (One way)
iii) Trek distance – 3 km (One Way)
iv) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on sharing basis.
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes?
Answer – we’ve got everything you need covered for your 2 day vacation.
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value and finest quality in service.
Price for per person: Rs. 5996/- (No Hidden Charges)
1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price: Rs.4196/- (No hidden charges)
2) Partial payment of Rs. 2500/- can be made to book your slot. Remaining amount to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip
3) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure.
4) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on sharing basis.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time etc will be provided.
6) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
1. Water bottles
2. Rain coat or Umbrella (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair of clothing
6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (It’s a trek hack, trust us.)
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
12. Sufficient cash
1. What is Partial Payment? If partial payment is done, how to pay the remaining amount?
A: Partial payment is an advance paid to block your slot for a particular event. Remaining amount of the event to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels?
A: Monks on Wheels will be arranging an AC tempo traveller or a mini bus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged?
A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru?
A: Monks on Wheels will be providing multiple pick up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming by our own transport arrangements?
A: Once your registration is confirmed, Monks on Wheels shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for Monks on Wheels’ trips?
A: Monks on Wheels do not restrict on the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you to contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these?
A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
8. How safe is it for women travelers?
A: Yes, It is completely safe for women travelers. Monks on Wheels events are done keeping certain standards and safety measures. We will always send a minimum of two trip organizers for all our events (many of them women trek leads). For better understanding on how we manage trips, read these reviews by our solo women travelers.
Review link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Monksonwheels/reviews/
9. What is the ratio of Men & Women in your events?
A: Monks on Wheels usually have more women travelers joining our trips. However, sometimes the ratio will be almost equal.
10. Do you have women trek organizers in Monks on Wheels?
A: Yes, in fact most of Monks on Wheels trek leads are women.
11. What type of venue will it be for the overnight stay? Whether accommodation will be separate for men and women?
A: Monks on Wheels keeps certain quality standards where we provide venues like home stays or campsites that are good and hygienic with neat and clean washrooms.
And yes, we always provide separate accommodation for men and women.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.
Had been to Agumbe trip with these guys as a solo Traveller, have to say they hosted it really well. Amazing hospitality and support. The guides were really experienced, stay was very comfortable, food was also descent. Overall I recommend MW as one of the best trip organizers. Cheers!
These are a bunch of really cool people..! I wanted to do something for the new year and went on to the agumbe jungle camping and it was a super hit for me.! Cheering for new year with strangers (who never felt like strangers!) was amazing.! Wouldnt have had a better start to the new year..! Tent stay and the food was awesome..! Thanks a lot guys (Abhinav and Chethan)… MoW., You guys rock..!
Monks on Wheels aren’t the typical organizers you come across, they’re passionate youngsters who loves to travel, so it reflects in every aspect of the planning, the organizing, the way they approach any unforeseen things, the way they interact etc. We had Akansh, Chethan and Yashaswini as organizers and trust me they’re awesome bunch. The food, the accommodation are both good and worth every penny paid. I will definitely look forward to join on more trips with MoW.
I went to Agumbe and Malpe for this new year with monks on wheels. This was my solo trip and I had the best experience with the group. The coordinators (chethan and abhinav) were very friendly.
If you’re bored of your mundane, monotonous life and are desperate for a break, visit the monksonwheels page(on FB or Instagram), check out their upcoming events, and just BOOK ! They make travel so easy and fun ? Step out of your comfort zone, meet new people and make some memories?