Looking for a quick getaway from Bangalore? Join Monks on Wheels as we take you on an escapade into the serpentine lanes over the foothills of one of the highest peak in Karnataka, Bababudangiri as part of Chikmagalur trekking. Chikmagalur, known for its coffee plantations is one of the most famous hill stations owing to its picturesque landscape, gushing waterfalls, the dense wildlife sanctuary and pilgrim centers. This quaint town is blessed with soothing climate round the year due to its geographical location in the Western Ghats.
Departure and Return Location
Bababudangiri Trek Distance
4 – 5 Km (One way)
Bababudangiri Trek Difficulty
Moderate to easy
Bababudangiri Trek Duration
5 to 6 hours total
1) Depart from Bangalore around 6 AM
2) Have breakfast en route at Mayura Hotel.
3) Reach homestay and have lunch (veg & non-veg buffet)
4) Visit and play in the scenic Jhari waterfalls, a part of Chikmagalur trekking package.
5) Return to homestay
6) Freshen up and get ready for the campfire (if the weather permits)
7) Enjoy the campfire party and bonfire dinner (veg & non-veg buffet)
8) Activities conducted by Monks on Wheels
9) End it all with staying in comfortable dorms.
1) Have hot tea /coffee early in the morning and leave for the main part of Chikmagalur trekking at 6 AM
2) Trek to the top of Bababudangiri.
3) Have breakfast at the peak.
4) Trek back down and return to the homestay
5) Have Lunch (veg & non-veg Buffet) & leave to Bangalore.
6) Visit the architectural and historical beauty – Belur Temple
7) ETA Bangalore 11:30 PM
Leave your baggage (not to be confused with your luggage), worries and everything else in Bangalore as you climb aboard with us on Day 1 from your pick up points. You may doze off if you wish to until we reach Mayura Hotel for an unlimited and filling breakfast, a part of Chikmagalur trekking package, post which we will be wrapping up the formalities. Once done, get ready to know your fellow travellers through fun activities and an ice breaker session. On reaching the border of Chikmagalur, you’ll notice the terrain change to dense forests and hills and we stop at Kanasu Homestay for delicious veg and non-veg spread. Finish your meal, pack a bag with towels, change of clothes and head to scenic Jhari Waterfalls for an afternoon of splashing around in the water and a dip in the falls. The path is through a coffee estate with the river running right next to us. Once done, head back to the homestay for a cup of coffee and tea right from the plantations and of the weather permits, sit around the campfire for an evening of fun activities by our organisers. Sing, dance along or even play antakshari as you warm your hands and feet. Proceed for a hot, delicious dinner and return back to the campfire or head to bed in dorms as mentioned in the Chikmagalur trekking package.
Today is the day of the Chikmagalur trekking and we indulge in a cup of tea/coffee before leaving for the base of the hills. Once we reach, we’ll start the trek through one of the denser forests of Karnataka with the path running through coffee estates, grasslands and thick vegetation before we reach the top. We suggest you carry a cap, some munchies and a bottle of water for the trek as it can get a bit sunny. The top of the hill offers an exhilarating view of Chikmagalur town and the surrounding hills, worth the journey. Once done, we trek back to the homestay, finish lunch and prepare to leave for Bangalore. The journey back will be a memorable one with lots of fun games, activities, singing and dance. On the way, we stop at Belur for quick trip to the historical temple of the town which is a guided tour as part of the Chikmagalur trekking. We make a final stop for a quick evening tea and snacks (self-sponsored) and reach back Bangalore with plenty of awesome memories of Chikmagalur trekking.
Early Bird offer with transport charges:- Rs. 3999/-*
Actual price with Transport charges :- Rs. 4499/-*
1) People have the option to make their own transportation arrangements(car/bike/public transport).
2) Accommodation will be on sharing basis.
3) We all will travel together from Bangalore immaterial of the mode of Transport.
4) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be canceled with a full refund.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the amount paid shall be refunded.
3.All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
1. What’s the difference between ‘with transport cost’ ticket and ‘without transport cost’ ticket ?
A: In all our events we provide the choice to our clients to make their own transport arrangements, either a car or a bike i.e without transport. Alternatively they could join our trip by opting for our transport service i.e with transport cost.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels ?
A: We will be arranging a non-AC tempo traveller or a mini bus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged ?
A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru ?
A: We will be having multiple pick up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings only 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming by our own transport arrangements ?
A: Once your registration is confirmed, we shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for the trip ?
A: We do not restrict on the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these ?
A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
I went on a trek with Monks on Wheels the past weekend. The icebreaker sessions, the late night discussions around the bonfire and the camaraderie during the trek with the fellow trekkers was really great. All of us bonded together really well at the end of the trek and I hope to stay in touch with all of them. Kudos to Lata and Anupama for making this trek really wonderful and memorable. I am looking foward to more treks with Monks on Wheels.
Happy to have my first trek as my best trek. Not at a single point did I feel if anything is wrong. Organisers were professional, friendly and receptive . They made sure that every aspect of the trip is well crafted. The food, the vibe, the locations were totally on point. And the best part about the trip were the people. The trip started with strangers and ended with friends.
This was the first time my friends and I (5 of us) decided to join a bigger, “unknown” group of people on a trip. I must say, BEST DECISION EVER! <3 Every step of the way, our comfort and safety were guaranteed! Several points that can't go without mention: