Monks on Wheels brings back the reason for excitement with this unusual trek on the beach in Gokarna and a trail to a fine waterfalls.
Gokarna is a must visit beach town. Here’s why?
This sleepy little beach town, about 480 km from Bengaluru has the look and the feel of a place unhindered by the whirlwind progress of modern society and technology. This is a place, unaware of the concept of time and routine. Everything in the town lends to the laid-back, rustic air.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Departure and Return Location
10:30 PM (People are requested to have light dinner before departure.)
Gokarna Beach Trek Distance
8 – 9 Km Total
Gokarna Beach Trek Difficulty
Moderate to difficult
Gokarna Beach Trek Duration
6 to 7 hours
Departure from Bangalore for the Gokarna Trek at around 10:30 PM. (People are requested to have
light dinner before departure.)
1) Have Breakfast and leave for Gokarna Beach Trek across 5 Beaches
2) Have lunch ( Self-sponsored )
3) Finish Gokarna beach trek and relax at the beach
4) Get ready to soak yourself in the Rain Dance
5) Freshen up and gather for campfire**.
6) Enjoy the campfire party and bonfire dinner (Veg & Non-Veg).
7) End it all with staying in tents on the beach
1) Enjoy an early morning Beach walk and play on the beach
2) Have Breakfast.
3) Leave Gokarna and have lunch & Dinner( both self-sponsored) en route.
4) Return to Bengaluru in the night.
We’re sure this will not be the most memorable day of this trip but get ready to meet some friendly
strangers who will be travelling with you this trip. We will be assigning pick up locations, ideally the
closest to the pickup point you tell us. Once we pick everyone up, we will be distributing a form for
you to fill up your details and then proceeding to have an ice breaker session. Expect some fun
activities which will help you get to know your fellow travellers a bit more. After the session, our
event guides will brief you about the itinerary for the following day, post which you can get some
shut-eye on the way from Bangalore to Gokarna.
We reach Gokarna beach in the morning and will be walking to your beachside tent stay which is
great because you can take in the view of the splashing waves and feel the sand beneath your feet.
On reaching our beachside stay on Gokarna Beach Temple, you will be assigned tents, yes! We will
be staying inside tents on a beach to the sound of the sea, how cool is that? You can then proceed to
have a delicious breakfast at the cafe (or choose to eat from any of the nearby shacks) and change
for the Gokarna Beach trek. We advise you wear breezy shorts, quick-dry clothes with comfortable
sandals which offer a good grip for the Gokarna trek. The speciality of the Gokarna Beach Trek is the
breathtaking views of the rocks and the view below as we climb up the hills. We will be starting
Gokarna Trek with Paradise Beach and then proceed to Half Moon Beach, Kudle Beach, Om Beach
and back to our stay at Gokarna Beach. The lunch Gokarna Trek is self-sponsored and you are free
to explore one of the quaint beachside cafes when we stop for lunch. Don’t miss out on the seafood
and coastal delicacies. Also, there will be plenty of time for you to stop at each beach during the
Gokarna Trek and take in the beautiful surroundings, watch the shellfish in the shallow, rocky waters
during the Gokarna Beach Trek. We will reach our stay in the evening just in time for the rain dance.
Dance the evening away to the top songs of the year. Once done, freshen up and gather at the
campfire where our organisers have some fun activities planned to keep you engaged all evening.
Proceed to a delicious dinner with vegetarian and non-veg options. You can then proceed to watch
the stars from the beach to the background of crashing waves or get back to the campfire. When
done, rest at your tent on the sandy beach.
Wake up early (to try and escape the tan) and go for a swim in the beach, play beach volleyball, click
plenty of pictures… we’ll never run out of activities to try at the beach. After you are done, proceed
for a filling breakfast before we start our journey to Bangalore. We will be stopping for lunch and
dinner, both of which will be self-sponsored and dropping you off at your pick up points on reaching
Price for per person: Rs. 5496/- (No Hidden Charges)
1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price: Rs.3696/- (No hidden charges)
2) Partial payment of Rs. 2500/- can be made to book your slot. Remaining amount to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip
3) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure.
4) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on sharing basis.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time etc will be provided.
6) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
1) If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2) If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3) All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
It was a quite good experience.
Though it was my first trek but never felt like that. All thanks to monk on wheels. Good coordinator, arrangements, plannings etc. Keep rocking guys. Worth it.?
The best travel start-up in Bengaluru! I highly recommend them to all.
We went to Gokarna for New YearYCelebration. Monks on Wheels has managed very well. Fun unlimited… Tent house stay was awesome. Loved the trip. Couldn’t have been better new year celebration than this one..Cheers Monks on Wheels ?
The managemnet of trip was good and everyone is very helpful and fun loving. We had a lot of fun with Monksonwheels.