The name Kodachadri derives from two words – kutaja and chadri which translates to the hill with jasmine flowers. It is said to have gotten the name due to the number of Jasmine plants on the hill. The destination is known for its thick forests, rich paddy fields, green meadows and misty mountain air that will do your health a world of good. The main attraction of the trek, however, is the breathtaking Hidlumane Falls, a stream which forms seven falls, the highest being the hardest to reach. One can also see the western coast from the peak during the non-monsoon seasons. The rain forests loom in a perpetual layer of mist around the peak. The top of the Kodachadri hills not only offers mesmerising views but you can also see the West Coast if it’s not cloudy during your visit. A view of the rivers joining the sea from the peak is unforgettable.
Departure and Return Location
Kodachadri Trek distance
15 kms to and fro
Kodachadri Trek Difficulty
Moderate to difficult
Kodachadri Trek Duration
6 to 7 hours
Leave for kodachadri from Bangalore.
1) Reach the home stay which is at the base of Kodachadri hills in the morning.
2) Freshen up and have a delicious breakfast, prepared the traditional way
3) Warm-up and start the Kodachadri trek to the peak
4) We will be trekking kodachadri via Hidlumane falls
5) Reach the top and have a hot lunch at the government guest house
6) Continue the Kodachadri trek to the peak, spend some time at the peak until the sunset.
7) Descend to the base and get a jeep drive to the home stay.
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire (if weather permits).
9) Have a yum dinner along with the overnight stay.
1) Enjoy an early morning breakfast
2) After breakfast, take a bus drive to visit the scenic Nagara Fort
3) Start the return journey to Bengaluru and have lunch (self-sponsored) en route.
4) Return to Namma Bengaluru in the night.
This is the day you are going to meet strangers (who will turn friends and even best friends by the end of the trip). We will be assigning pick up locations, ideally the closest to the pickup point you tell us. Once we pick everyone up, we will be distributing a form for you to fill up your details and then proceeding to have an ice breaker session.
Expect some fun activities which will help you get to know your fellow travellers a bit more. After the session, our event guides will brief you about the itinerary for the following day, post which you can get some shut-eye. We recommend you get some rest, especially since you have the Kodachadri trek the next day.
Once we reach the homestay, we will be allocating rooms while you sip on a hot cup of tea or coffee. We suggest you save the shower for after the trek in the evening and you can just freshen up instead and head for a delicious breakfast. While the Kodachadri trek will be fun, it is primarily a rain trek and it would be great if you can wear comfortable, quick-dry top and bottoms and shoes which offer a good grip. We will be carrying salt and Dettol to help avoid leeches.
Once we start the Kodachadri trek, we will be walking through a dense forest, crossing it and through beautiful paddy fields to reach a small tea shop where you are free to enjoy some chikki or biscuits. Once done, we will begin the climb up the gorgeous Hidlumane Falls which runs in seven cascades. After we reach the top of the falls, proceed for a bath and splash around in the pristine waterfalls and start the trek to the government guest house. We will be stopping here for a simple, but fulfilling, hot lunch, great after the cooling dip and the rain trek.
After lunch, we will start the next leg of the journey to reach the top where you will be greeted by a sight of lush green grasslands as far as the eye can see. If we are lucky and there is no rain, we should be able to see the backwaters and the west coast from the hilltop and even the sunset and pay respects to the ‘Sarvajna Peetha’ of sage Shankaracharya. We will then proceed to reach the guest house and take a jeep trip down to the homestay. Expect a fun, bumpy and memorable ride. We are often told by our travellers that they love this part of the Kodachadri trek.
After we reach the homestay, we will be greeted with hot snacks, tea and coffee. You can proceed for a hot shower and gather around for a campfire if the weather permits. However, don’t worry if there is no campfire because our organisers have plenty of fun games and activities to keep you engaged till dinner and even after if you are up for it.
We wake up to a hot breakfast, tea and coffee, a bit of lazing around and exploring the homestay surroundings and proceed to pack. Before starting our journey back to Bangalore, we head to the historical Nagara Fort which is covered entirely in the grass. We will be spending some time at the fort and climbing it. Worry not, the climb is minimal but offers a great view of the town below. The destination is also great for your insta pictures, so bring out those phones and cameras.
After we are done, we will start the journey back to Bangalore with a stop for lunch and tea which will be self-sponsored and not a part of the trip. We should reach Bangalore by early night and will be dropping you back to your pickup locations.
Early Bird offer with transport cost Rs.3799/- *
Actual Price with Transport cost Rs.4299/-*
1. Refer a friend and get Rs. 100 Cashback.
2. Ask and Get yourself a unique coupon code for special discounts on bulk bookings if the enquiry is for 3 or more.
1) People have the option to make their own transportation arrangements(car/bike/public transport).
2) Accommodation will be on sharing basis.
3) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be canceled with a full refund.
4) We need a minimum of 5 bikes to organize a bike ride or else they have to reach the location provided by us on their own at the mentioned time.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
I am a techie who loves traveling and adventure. I was looking for a way to travel around, live the adventure and still not burn a hole in my pocket. Well then i heard of Monks on Wheels from a friend and decided to give them a shot. My first trek with the group to Kodachadri hills and it was amazing. The food and home stay was humble yet decent. The bunch of trekkers and the organizers are helping, responsible and fun. Trek expenses are also reasonable. And of course the trek is just awesome with a brand new experience every time. I would definitely recommend them, especially their weekend treks.
MOW! You guys are the best! Had an awesome time. Looking forward to travelling with you guys again!
Traveling with monks on wheels has been the best travel experience of my life.” It is not where you travel that matters. It is whom you travel with that does”. Planning and coordination by the MoW team is always the best!!
This was my first trek with Monks on Wheels, and they organised this trip beautifully and with lots of love.
I have traveled with them multiple times. I was a solo traveller but due to there Uber cool ice breaker sessions ended up meeting super cool people. Kudos to you Monks on Wheels ??