Kodachadri is a mountain peak (altitude – 1343 m above sea level) in the Western Ghats in South India (Karnataka State). The name is a corruption of the Sanskrit word “Kutakachalam.” Kodachadri forms a picturesque background to the famous temple of Mookambika in Kollur. Situated in the middle of Mookambika National Park, it is home to several endemic and endangered species of flora and fauna. Tha rain forests loom in a perpetual layer of mist around the peak.
This is the highest peak in Shimoga District. At the peak it is believed that ‘Shankaracharya’ meditated. And to substantiate the same you will find a ‘Sarvajna Peetha’ at the top.
En route to the peak you will also find a moderate sized water fall deep inside the evergreen forest of Kodachadri, which is called ‘Hidlumane Falls’.
The peak presents a not to be missed life-time opportunity in the evening as the sun sets in the west. You can also have a golden glimpse of the Arabian sea for a moment.
Check out our blog for more information
Departure and Return Location
Departure from Bangalore at around 10 PM.
(People are requested to have light dinner before departure.)
1) Reach homestay which is at the base of Kodachadri hill in the morning.
2) Freshen up and have breakfast
3) Start trekking to kodachadri peak
4) Enroute visit the Hidden Hidlumane falls
5) Reach the top and have your packed lunch
6) Continue the trek to the peak, spend some time at the peak until the sunset.
7) Descend to the base and get a jeep drive to the homestay.
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire(if weather permits).
9) Have dinner along with overnight stay.
1) Enjoy an early morning breakfast.
2) After breakfast, take a bus drive to visit fantastic Nagara Fort
3) Start the return journey to Bengaluru and have lunch (self sponsored) enroute.
4) Return to Namma Bengaluru in the night.
Early Bird offer with transport cost Rs.3799/- *
Actual Price with Transport cost Rs.4299/-*
1. Refer a friend and get Rs. 100 Cashback.
2. Ask and Get yourself a unique coupon code for special discounts on bulk bookings if the enquiry is for 3 or more.
1) People have the option to make their own transportation arrangements(car/bike/public transport).
2) Accommodation will be on sharing basis.
3) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be canceled with a full refund.
4) We need a minimum of 5 bikes to organize a bike ride or else they have to reach the location provided by us on their own at the mentioned time.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort.
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3.All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
1. What’s the difference between ‘with transport cost’ ticket and ‘without transport cost’ ticket?
A: In all our events we provide the choice to our clients to make their own transport arrangements, either a car or a bike i.e without transport. Alternatively, they could join our trip by opting for our transport service i.e with transport cost.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels?
A: We will be arranging a non-AC tempo traveler or a minibus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged?
A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru?
A: We will be having multiple picks up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings only 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming on our own transport arrangements?
A: Once your registration is confirmed, we shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for the trip?
A: We do not restrict on the basis of age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these?
A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
I am a techie who loves traveling and adventure. I was looking for a way to travel around, live the adventure and still not burn a hole in my pocket. Well then i heard of Monks on Wheels from a friend and decided to give them a shot. My first trek with the group to Kodachadri hills and it was amazing. The food and home stay was humble yet decent. The bunch of trekkers and the organizers are helping, responsible and fun. Trek expenses are also reasonable. And of course the trek is just awesome with a brand new experience every time. I would definitely recommend them, especially their weekend treks.